Kokui Hirameku Requiem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kokui Hirameku Requiem

-+ The requiem that comes in black clothing +-

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Evolution of Ichigo's mask

Go down 
+4
Zaraki Kenpachi
Ishini Sousuke
Urahara Kisuke
Ulquiorra Schiffer
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Halibel

Evolution of Ichigo's mask Empty
PostSubject: Evolution of Ichigo's mask   Evolution of Ichigo's mask EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 6:59 pm

I found this one BA forums. I thought it was interesting... so I'm going to share!

Post by samnas on BA
Quote :

I found something interesting about Ichigo's hollow mask and i thought that i should share with all of you guys ...

Spoiler:

It was way back when Ichigo first got his shinigami powers plus a mask. As you can clearly see that the mask has only two lines/stripes in the top which are not connected to each other, nothing in the center and nothing in the bottom ...

Spoiler:

The pic on the left was shown after his fight against Renji when Hanatarou was healing him and the mask actually saved his life. This time the mask has three lines in the top which are not connected to each other, nothing in the center and nothing in the bottom ...

The pic on the right was shown after his fight against Zaraki Kenpachi and Yourichi (in her cat form) was holding his mask and again the mask saved his life. This time the mask has three lines in the top which are slightly longer than on the pic in the left, especially the second and the third line, which are still not connected, and now we actually have a big line and a small line in the center which are connected and nothing in the bottom ...

The mask was also shown during Ichigo vs. Byakuya
[ https://2img.net/h/i156.photobucket.com/albums/t6/essamnasir/Ichi%20Mask/165_19.jpg ] fight, which was not much different from the previous pic ...

Spoiler:

Now when Ichigo became a vizard his mask was shown with a lot of new markings/lines. This time the mask has four lines in the top and which are connected together at one point, two full lines in the center which are also connected at one point and three new lines in the bottom which are also connected at one point ...

Spoiler:

The two pics on the left is during the second fight of Ichigo and Grimmjow and as you can see that the lines/stripes have become a little wider especially the place where the lines are merging together. There are still four lines in the top, and now the mask have three lines in the center and three lines in the bottom ...

The pic on the right is during Ichigo's fight with Doldooni and which is not that much different than his fight with Grimmjow ...

And also during Ichigo's fight with Ulqiuorra the mask was the same with no big change ...

Spoiler:

The last pic which is also the newest pic of Ichigo's mask and we can clearly see that the lines have become much wider than before and are also congested at few places. No change in the number of lines, four in the top, three in the center and three in the bottom ...

As you can clearly see, the red markings/lines/stripes have become much thicker/wider and cover more surface. I figure before too long the whole right half will be red. We can say that it's a mistake on Kubo's part, but the lines have almost doubled in number and in thickness. That's not something you repeat as a mistake a lot.
Back to top Go down
Ulquiorra Schiffer
Admin
Ulquiorra Schiffer

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Me too!   Evolution of Ichigo's mask EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 7:04 pm

I've noticed it too! I thought Kubo was screwing up alot, but now that I think about it. The lines got thicker and more numerous the more times the hollow showed the more lines came around. I think that Ichigo's hollow itself is getting stronger, and might re-emerge again. That's what it looks like.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/kokuihirameku/
Halibel

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of Ichigo's mask   Evolution of Ichigo's mask EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 7:06 pm

I don't think it has anything to do with his hollow. I just think Ichigo is getting stronger. Becoming a Vizard, Ichigo can now control/handle Shirosaki/Hollow Ichigo. That's was the whole point in becoming a vizard in the first place... so Ichigo can control his powers.. so he can protect people.
Back to top Go down
Ulquiorra Schiffer
Admin
Ulquiorra Schiffer

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of Ichigo's mask   Evolution of Ichigo's mask EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 7:11 pm

>_> He didn't protect them too well when Ulquiorra put that hole in his sternum, I think his inner hollow is trying to sieze power again and it's being reflected in his mask's growth.
Back to top Go down
Halibel

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of Ichigo's mask   Evolution of Ichigo's mask EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 7:25 pm

Ulquiorra Schiffer wrote:
>_> He didn't protect them too well when Ulquiorra put that hole in his sternum, I think his inner hollow is trying to sieze power again and it's being reflected in his mask's growth.

Well... why would more lines appear after becoming a vizard? The Vizard taught Ichigo how to control his Hollow, within. If we were going by your own logic, the lines would disappear after becoming a vizard.
Back to top Go down
Ulquiorra Schiffer
Admin
Ulquiorra Schiffer

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of Ichigo's mask   Evolution of Ichigo's mask EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 7:46 pm

I mean, he's using his hollow powers. Everytime you saw the mask at first it gained more stripes. I think it has something to do with the hollow itself.
Back to top Go down
Shuuhei

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of Ichigo's mask   Evolution of Ichigo's mask EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 8:07 pm

Ulquiorra Schiffer wrote:
I mean, he's using his <b>hollow</b> powers. Everytime you saw the mask at first it gained more stripes. I think it has something to do with the hollow itself.

A point was made here. As you see the more the hollow itself appears and is doing battle when or when not being controlled, the next time it appears it has gained more lines. This quite possibly could do with the power or level of the Hollow Maybe an entire black mask represent's something of abnormal power even for hollows?
Back to top Go down
Halibel

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of Ichigo's mask   Evolution of Ichigo's mask EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 9:58 pm

I still don't believe that. Like I said... Ichigo has control of his hollow now, as far as we know. THE VIZARDS HELPED HIM with the hollow.. and the lines are still growing. Also since then... Shirosaki haven't BOTHERED Ichigo. Therefore, that's why I don't believe that the lines have anything to do with Shirosaki.
Back to top Go down
Ulquiorra Schiffer
Admin
Ulquiorra Schiffer

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of Ichigo's mask   Evolution of Ichigo's mask EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 10:02 pm

>_> I suppose. We'll just have to see.
Back to top Go down
Urahara Kisuke

Urahara Kisuke

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of Ichigo's mask   Evolution of Ichigo's mask EmptyTue Jul 03, 2007 5:12 am

I believe it to merely be art style changes. It's not the first time it's happened in mangas. Look at Sasuke from Naruto, for example. When his wings first appeared in his jyuin 2 state they looked like bat-wings. In the anime they look like full-blown hands on his back. Now, currently, they're more wing-like again. It doesn't show any kind of change in his power with them merely an art-style change.

If you notice, the device on Deidara's eye which allows him to see further away has switched sides from time to time. It's a simple mistake, really. I wouldn't put too much stake on the increase of the marks on his mask.
Back to top Go down
Ulquiorra Schiffer
Admin
Ulquiorra Schiffer

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of Ichigo's mask   Evolution of Ichigo's mask EmptyWed Jul 04, 2007 1:18 am

lmao.
Back to top Go down
Halibel

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of Ichigo's mask   Evolution of Ichigo's mask EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 12:01 am

I've also saw the Naruto anime before getting into the... manga. They DID look like two giant hands on Sasuke's back
Back to top Go down
Ishini Sousuke

Ishini Sousuke

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of Ichigo's mask   Evolution of Ichigo's mask EmptyWed Jul 11, 2007 5:39 am

Urahara Kisuke wrote:
I believe it to merely be art style changes. It's not the first time it's happened in mangas. Look at Sasuke from Naruto, for example. When his wings first appeared in his jyuin 2 state they looked like bat-wings. In the anime they look like full-blown hands on his back. Now, currently, they're more wing-like again. It doesn't show any kind of change in his power with them merely an art-style change.

If you notice, the device on Deidara's eye which allows him to see further away has switched sides from time to time. It's a simple mistake, really. I wouldn't put too much stake on the increase of the marks on his mask.

To be fair, I don't know that comparing what Sasuke looked like in the anime to what he looks like in the manga to be too wise. To be honest, I don't think Kishimoto gives a shit about what the anime does; I really don't. There's the wing thing you pointed out, and in the anime Sasuke's "Kusanagi" -- he's such an Oro-wannabe, it makes me sick -- has inverted colors than it does in the manga. That, and a lot of other media doesn't go with the manga -- like the original OVA, where they go to Hidden Snow? The manga later says Hyouton jutsu's is a kekkei genkai, exclusively. I really don't think Kishimoto pays attention to anything but the manga, either that or he's just making shit up as he goes along.

As far as the hollow thing goes, I side with James. I think Ichigo's reliance upon his hollow-powers are making the hollow stronger consequently -- like in Naruto, how when he uses the Kyuubi, it's killing him? Yeah, there are a lot of similarities between Naruto and Bleach . . . -- it's going to try something. I can see it ending up with Ichigo ditching his hollow-side, and becoming pure shinigami. I mean, having the main good-guy tapping into the powers of darkness in order to win fights is only gonna fly for so long. That aside, I'm kind've starting to feel like Ichigo's hollow form is a crutch; a huge one. Grimmjow only had one arm and Ichigo had to bust out the hollow-form just to try and compete. For me, and this is just my opinion, I'm kind've already kind've getting sick of seeing it -- and I'm new to the manga // series.

I can see Ichigo ditching the hollow, and in turn, finally gaining control over his own energy. But, at any rate, that's just speculation. - Shrug -
Back to top Go down
Zaraki Kenpachi

Zaraki Kenpachi

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of Ichigo's mask   Evolution of Ichigo's mask EmptySat Aug 18, 2007 12:38 pm

Um.. I'm with James with the Hollow gettin' stronger. The hollow did say he would come back if the chance was given.. So lets not count out the inner asshole out jus' yet, yo.
Back to top Go down
Yoruichi_sama

Yoruichi_sama

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of Ichigo's mask   Evolution of Ichigo's mask EmptySat Aug 18, 2007 4:30 pm

There's obvious change in the mask. I think it's getting stronger. It could very well be the style, but if that were the case then it wouldn't have changed that much.
Back to top Go down
NekuraKa

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of Ichigo's mask   Evolution of Ichigo's mask EmptySat Aug 18, 2007 5:32 pm

He is feeding the hollow, of COURSE its getting stronger. Its like Chad feeling more at home in Hueco Mundo, with his own true form being easily obtained so will the true form of the vaizard, wh ich means he has to have his inner battle again and he could lose, because Ichigo is a whiny little brat who needs to learn self control. He relies on being powerful, but, Zaraki proved he isn't that special (while conversely proving he is that special.)
Back to top Go down
Komakoma-kun

Komakoma-kun

Number of posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of Ichigo's mask   Evolution of Ichigo's mask EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 6:12 am

What will Ichigo's Hollow Mask look like when it's finished going through it's many evolutions? I think this is what it should end up looking like or atleast close to this.

Evolution of Ichigo's mask Black_10
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki kun

Kurosaki kun

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of Ichigo's mask   Evolution of Ichigo's mask EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 11:13 am

>_> ...You are such a mcasshole.
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki kun

Kurosaki kun

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of Ichigo's mask   Evolution of Ichigo's mask EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 11:15 am

It seems like everytime Ichigo fights with one of the espada his reiatsu is tainted by theirs and can't be removed. In my opinion that could also be a reason that he gains more control over it everytime he fights one of them.
While chads powers are LIKE a hollows, Ichigo kind of is part of one. If he was going to get a power boost from being in Hueco Mundo, he probably would have gotten it before when he was getting kicked around by ulquritard.
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki kun

Kurosaki kun

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of Ichigo's mask   Evolution of Ichigo's mask EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 11:16 am

Instead of, I mean, after being revived from being stabbed by radio. Inoue couldn't separate his pressure from the high level that infected him, right?
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki kun

Kurosaki kun

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of Ichigo's mask   Evolution of Ichigo's mask EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 11:24 am

And furthermore, I just can't stay away from this forum. To support the "shirosaki" resurfacing theory, and it could just be me, but the mask is starting to look like it's actually blending with Ichigo's face when he puts it on. (starting to fill into the shape of his face instead of rounding out around the sides of the mask)
But against that theory: Shirosaki is if not a part of zangetsu, IS zangetsu. In light of the recent 287, I think we're going to have another hollow-ichigo or "trust in zangetsu" episode going on.
Back to top Go down
Inoue
Admin
Inoue

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of Ichigo's mask   Evolution of Ichigo's mask EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 3:19 pm

...NO. HE'S GONNA LOOK LIKE THE BLACK RANGER. I'M GOING WITH HIM ON THIS ONE. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki kun

Kurosaki kun

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of Ichigo's mask   Evolution of Ichigo's mask EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 3:24 pm

>_> Well lets wait and see. I'll just sit back and see if the black ranger comes to your cell to free you.
ingratue Orihateful is more like it.
Back to top Go down
Inoue
Admin
Inoue

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of Ichigo's mask   Evolution of Ichigo's mask EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 3:41 pm

ajksdf I TAKE IT BACK. D: ...even if the mask IS scary
Back to top Go down
Komakoma-kun

Komakoma-kun

Number of posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of Ichigo's mask   Evolution of Ichigo's mask EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 10:39 pm

No. The next time that we see Ichigo in a Hollow-Ichigo/Zangetsu filler scene, We'll be treated to Ichigo getting handed some sort of amulet and then when he uses it, He will get to become the Black Ranger of the Bleach Series with a newer mask that has Mastodon tusks and the color of the mask is inverted so where there is black, There is white and vice versa.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of Ichigo's mask   Evolution of Ichigo's mask Empty

Back to top Go down

Evolution of Ichigo's mask
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kokui Hirameku Requiem :: Bleach :Anime * Manga :: Theories-
Jump to: