Kokui Hirameku Requiem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kokui Hirameku Requiem

-+ The requiem that comes in black clothing +-

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Story anyone?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rukia Ku

Story anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Story anyone?   Story anyone? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2007 11:01 am

I seriously may consider withdrawing myself from this storyline...

Here's my problem, and it's actually the same problem I have with the actual Bleach manga, only Kubo knows how to balance it a bit better -

All that happens is fighting.

Is there a story? Is there a plan for a story? Is anything going to happen besides ass kicking? I don't have any problem at all with action - believe me, I'm a Shounen Jump girl through and through, and I like my action in any RP. But every time I've played, the only thing that's happened is fighting, and it gets rather boring.

The one thing keeping me interested was a side storyline I had going on with Tom's Ichigo, and now that Tom is gone and the new Ichigo is going towards IchigoxOrihime, that side storyline won't fit in. So I'm left with nothing I'm really interested in. While I hate to be like "OH NOEZ PAIRINGZ!" at least that was adding an element to all the fighting that made it kind of interesting. Without that...I don't really see much else right now that's interesting =\

So um, tell me? Are there any plans? Any ideas to break up the routine of epic battles? I'm not saying it has to be romance oriented but I mean...ANYTHING with a story. Cause if not, I may just drop Rukia.
Back to top Go down
Sorrow

Sorrow

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-07-04

Story anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story anyone?   Story anyone? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2007 1:57 pm

Make suggestions on the storyline itself as to what you want to see take place -- this is more about the players than it is the manga\anime. If you want to have a pairing with someone then that is fine but that should really be left to private.

What do you want to see take place in this storyline, exactly? Fighting is going to be a major part of any anime since they all seem to revolve around it along with romance. There needs to be more role-play going on than OOC and nobody is helping contribute to that since everyone wants to talk all day and then RP at night.

Character interaction is a big part of any storyline and at any time you can choose what your character does. If you think you would like to change Rukia to being an Arrancar? Talk it over with Mark and myself and we'll see what we can do as long as you have a solid storyline to back it up. This isn't about the individual, but instead, about the player. Make it what you want.
Back to top Go down
Rukia Ku

Story anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story anyone?   Story anyone? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2007 2:45 pm

When I joined this storyline, I thought those in charge had a basic direction they wanted to go in as far as the story goes. So far...I haven't seen anything. The ONLY thing I've done in this RP so far is fight. And that is fine if there is fighting - but there's no character interactions. Like seriously, I think the only thing I've done is cross swords. And again...that is totally find for there to be action but what is it for? We haven't really developed ANYTHING. (aside from what I did with Tom in IMs...which...doesn't count anymore)

I do agree that we need to actually RP more. I know with me particularly my schedule is tough, I work 46 hours a week on a normal week...and the last one I worked 56 x_x Sometimes I'm pretty brain dead when I get into the chat and I'm not always up to jumping right into an RP - especially when it's a heavy battle based RP. I think if we had some more solid ideas about what needs to happen to progress the storyline - for example, we need Ikkaku, Matsumoto, Renji to regroup and gather reinforcements (giving some realistic down time for both silly, fun stuff, and drama angst stuff between characters) and then we need to have the group go and fight the arrancar, and have specific battles between Ikkaku and Grimmjow, and....so on and so forth. I'm not saying do EXACTLY that, I'm just saying...kinda have a plan when we're all in the room, you know? And maybe it would be good to have the group break up...like have the shinigami people do their thing and the arrancar people do their thing...and have em meet up when ya need to fight.

I actually DO have an idea I just told to Mark - funny you should mention Rukia being an arrancar. I wouldn't mind setting her up as a spy to Aizen's side. Next time you're around, IM me and we'll talk. It's not a perfect idea, but with other people's input it could get better.

If I see more story happening, I TOTALLY want to stay and be in. This just kinda feels more like a Bleach Sparring Ring right now, and hopefully we can all work together to make it something more.

One more thing - I'm gonna be gone tomorrow night into Sunday night for Anime Next. So if I'm not on, that's why XD!
Back to top Go down
Sorrow

Sorrow

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-07-04

Story anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story anyone?   Story anyone? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2007 2:57 pm

Suilen Wrath is my SN, you can IM me any time with comments or suggestions, or anything you want to do with the Arrancar side since I technically run it.

Right now it does seem like a Bleach Spar Arena, and it's going to seem like that for awhile -- but you don't have to make it just that since it can be so much more. Hell, if you wanted to RP Hinamori coming back and teaming up with the Team Ichigo, or going back to Aizen.

Just make the RP what you want it for yourself, even if that means having Tom stay along for your own side SL for IchigoxRukia and ignore the interaction between the possibility that Justin might stick as our Ichigo. Remember, this is suppose to be a game and to be fun.

Also, I can understand the work myself too. We should all have jobs and use this as downtime from that... but it isn't the case and those who work suffer from it slightly, but you don't have to not participate because you don't want to RP constant fighting, just branch off and do something on your own in the SL.
Back to top Go down
Rukia Ku

Story anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story anyone?   Story anyone? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2007 4:17 pm

That sounds pretty damn good. I like how you are not uptight about side storylines - other RPs I've been in have. I'm glad you're in the mind set of "This is supposed to be fun." Because it is.

I'll drop you a line next time I catch you on! I do have some Rukia and Aizen stuff I'd like to discuss (Not like that =P)
Back to top Go down
Ulquiorra Schiffer
Admin
Ulquiorra Schiffer

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2007-07-02

Story anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story anyone?   Story anyone? EmptyFri Jul 13, 2007 4:17 pm

Alright we're in the process of carrying out Ginny's idea. I'm going to add a SL submission link soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/kokuihirameku/
Hitsugaya Toushiro

Hitsugaya Toushiro

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-07-08

Story anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story anyone?   Story anyone? EmptyFri Jul 13, 2007 10:37 pm

That's good, cuz I feel I do horrible at fighting. -.-;;
Back to top Go down
Ulquiorra Schiffer
Admin
Ulquiorra Schiffer

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2007-07-02

Story anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story anyone?   Story anyone? EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 9:52 pm

With the added storyline submission, and the agreement of Side-SL arcs this has been effectively resolved. If you still think we're
lacking story, you can check out the planned Arcs we have here :
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Story anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story anyone?   Story anyone? Empty

Back to top Go down

Story anyone?
Page 1 of 1